Wednesday, September 5, 2007

hand


This is my blind contour of my lovely left hand. It turned out cartoonish and child-like, which is fine... I suppose I'd never be able to type with fingers that large! While I was drawing this, I was extremely frustrated to the point of wanting to break my pen; I really hated the process as well as the end result. But after seeing it again it doesn't bother me. It was drawn without looking. I kept thinking I was much more on target than what ended up on paper. I suppose the fingernails closely resemble where they should actually be...but contrarily I find the disproportion of the fingertips to the hand to be kind of humorous.
Perhaps I should be more receptive to what does end up on page than what I think should be there. It's more surprising that way!

No comments: