Friday, September 28, 2007

memory











Here is my final iteration of our third assignment, a container for a memory. This was certainly the most challenging concept thus far, and I struggled for a week to come up with an idea while everyone else was on their second or third iteration. I'm pleased with the result, I just need that little internal light bulb to turn on a lot sooner for future projects! (The memory represented is of the first time my newborn son held my finger with his hand.)
Of course there were ideas that didn't work. Like the kaleidoscope (ugh!) and the world in the plastic sphere (worse!). The kaleidoscope was actually fun and relatively simple to make. Using three mirrors angled together to form a triangle is the secret. I kept that part around since my son loved to look through it at various objects. Here's a photo of the memory container rejects:

No comments: