Friday, December 14, 2007

You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch...

I mentioned to Suzanne on the last day we had class that I may try to draw Dr. Seuss' Grinch over winter break, since I've been watching it daily for a few weeks now (my kids love it!). So I gave it a try, and let me also say my 2 year old daughter was in my lap the whole time I was drawing... so I did it quickly, in about two minutes.



I could get a lot better at it, but for my first attempt (and with a slight handicap), it turned out ok. This version of the Grinch is actually Chuck Jones' interpretation from the animated movie. Dr. Seuss' Grinch looks a little more sinister and snarlier.

You just can't find better song lyrics than the ones describing the Grinch:
"...You're a foul one, Mr. Grinch.
You're a nasty, wasty skunk.
Your heart is full of unwashed socks
Your soul is full of gunk.
Mr. Grinch.
The three words that best describe you,
are, and I quote: 'Stink. Stank. Stunk.'"

That gets me every time! :)

No comments: