Monday, January 21, 2008

mod, baby!

Love, love, love this room! I'm really into graphics with those fat little partridge-type birds now. I want to find a place in my house to incorporate the tree wallpaper, and I like how it is used on a small wall in this photo. [The pattern is called Cavern by designer Carly Margolis and can be found @ design public.] The mod crib is by ducduc, the ultra-chic furniture designers for children.
Unfortunately for me, by the time I could afford such luxury nursery furniture, my kids will be well beyond infancy! Time for baby number 3, perhaps? ;)



This leads me to digress a little...
My interest in design was first piqued when I was a kid. I remember driving around town at night with my parents, and asking them to slow down when we passed by houses with interior lights on, and the curtains opened. I was fascinated to have a glimpse of what other people's homes looked like, and I guess I never outgrew that. A perfect indulgence for this curiosity is a group on the photo sharing site, Flickr, that is comprised of real people posting their photos of kids' rooms. I love it! And yes, I've looked at all 1100+ photos! What great inspiration for ideas and innovative ways for toy storage you can find there (toy storage = a parent's greatest quandary).

2 comments:

suzanne cabrera said...

I've got a funny story to tell you about this...

troy said...

hey liz. i LOVE this room ... the colors are great and that wallpaper is AMAZING. i'm also loving those fat little birds. did you by chance see Nordstrom department store's holiday decor this year? cute, fat little birds all over the store. a friend works there and said they sell displays to employees in early summer ... she's supposed to let me know when this happens because i want those birds!!